Friday, September 9, 2011

Twine Lollipops Birthday Card

I spent most of the day in the yard mowing, weedeating, etc.  This is not a job for a grandmother.  I do wish my house would sell so I could get something where I don't have to keep the yard up as well as the house.  OK, enough griping.

I had this piece of paper and I wanted to make some Lollipops to go on it.  This is a really simple card and I spent way too much time on it.  Why do I always do that?  Wonder if it could be that Crafting Bug we all caught?


I used a 4.25X5.5" card base.  Adhered "Happy Birthday Ribbon to the paper front, then adhered it to the card base.  I punched the bottom edge of the paper with a Martha Stewart Loop Edge Punch.  The lollipops are made from some twine I bought at a $1.00 store when I was visiting my son. (I saw one made from Bakers Twine and it looked really cute.  I don't have any Bakers Twine and need to find out how to get it.)  I started with a circle larger than I wanted my lollipop to be.  Spread glue in the middle of it and start wrappingnthe twine.  Add more glue as needed.  After the adhesive sets, trim away excess paper.  I used toothpicks for the lollipop sticks.


Thanks you for dropping by today.  We appreciate you. Hope to see you next time.  God Bless!!! Peggy

10 comments:

  1. So Cute! I love everything about it! Check out mycraftspot.blogspot.com. They have a great selection of bakers twine! That's where I get mine. Love the card! Have to try these lollies sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful - and I agree with Bobby that's where I get mine too!
    hugs,
    M

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this card. Could yo give me some more info on how to make the lollipops? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a "sweet" card! The balloons are fabulous! Thanks for the instructions!
    Carolyn
    cccscraproom@windstream.net
    http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Peggy this is so cute and creative! I love the lollipops! And I had such a great time visiting your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Peggy,
    This is so pretty. I love the lollipops
    Hugs
    Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Marvelous card... I just LOVE the lollipops, I'll have to give this a try :):):) Thanks for sharing all of your beautiful work. I'm your newest fan!
    Hugs,
    Lisa
    CRe8n4u.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your card!!! Just love the twine lollipops!!! Very pretty!!!

    Wanted to let you know too, I think you're blog is just so pretty -- love it when it opens to the top of your page with the brickwork, candles and bottles.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ladies I stumbled across your page in another search and Praise B that I did. Love your page. I'm a new follower. Stop in and see me.

    Be Blessed,Beckie
    http://justbcreativecrazy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and visits. I hope you will come back soon.

Peggy T.

Cricut Top 40