Thursday, July 5, 2012

CONGRATULATIONS, MADISON - Everyday Pop Up Cards

Hi Everyone!!

I hope you all had a wonderful and safe 4th of July holiday!!  I sure did - we went over to Mom's house (I love that I'm able to say that now) and grilled hamburgers, hot dogs, and ate ice cream!  That's what families are supposed to do on holidays - spend it together!  Craig's mom came over too - she lives about five miles from my mom's townhome!  Then we watched a movie but I must say that Mom and I did NOT like it - it was John Carter - it's a man movie!!  Wouldn't recommend it for the ladies and most men for that matter!

Anyway, I made this card today on my day off for a friend's daughter that has graduated.  I used a cartridge that I've had for a while and never used.  I could say that about a lot of my cartridges - HAAAA!!

CARD RECIPE:

Using Everyday Pop Up Cards:

I cut the card base at 6" out of black cardstock
I covered the card with blue shimmer paper embossed with a Cuttlebug folder then cut the cap shadow, cap, and tassel at 3 1/2".  I pop dotted them all on top of each other.

I printed "For the Grad" using Word and popped them on the front of the card.

For the inside of the card, I cut Congratulations and adhered it to the inside of the card so that it would pop up when the card is opened.

Now I must say that it took me several times to figure out how to adhere it to the inside of the card.  It's not explained in the book so it was trial and error - mostly error - teehee!!


All in all, I think it turned out rather cute!!

Thanks so much for stopping by today!  If you haven't commented on our Blog-A-Versary post from Tuesday, please do so before Sunday so you'll be entered in our giveaway!!  We love to read your comments!  Have a happy day after the 4th today!  Until another day, God Bless You!  Donna

1 comment:

  1. This is a fantastic grad card!! I love the shimmery paper and the pop up sentiment!!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and visits. I hope you will come back soon.

Peggy T.

Cricut Top 40