Saturday, April 27, 2013

DON'T BE "BUGGED" - Meljen's Designs

Hi Everyone:

This post holds some bittersweet thoughts for me.  First, this is my last post as the April Guest Designer for Meljen's.  I have always been a fan of Melissa's digis and have truly enjoyed being a part of the team for a short time.  Secondly, today just happens to be my 50th birthday with which I am having a really hard time becoming a part of the Half Century Club.  Of course, there are a lot of things that are worse than turning 50.

When I saw the digi I used for my card, I knew that I had to make something with it.  It brought back a lot of wonderful memories about my Daddy and the Volkwagon "BUG" that we used to have when I was a child.  Daddy's "bug" was pumpkin orange.  During the time that we had the car, everyone had a CB radio (yes, I really am showing my age).  Well, Daddy's handle for his car was Pumpkin I.  Our family loved that car and my Daddy always kept it clean and shiny.  The Pumpkin I came to an early death when my brother rolled the car three times on his way to pick his girlfriend.  Luckily, he had his seatbelt on and walked away from the accident.

For this card, using a pre-cut card, I covered it with royal blue cardstock.  I colored the digi with Promarkers and of course, I colored the car orange.  I cut out the digi and adhered it to orange and yellow paper.  I added a strip of patterned paper and twine.  Then topped it off with some purple flower buttons.  The sentiment was generated in Word - "Don't be "bugged"...... by another birthday!  It's only a number.  (I think I need to follow my own advice!)

I really enjoyed making this card because it brought back wonderful memories of my Daddy.  Sure do miss that man!

Thank you, Melissa and Meljen's Designs, for allowing me to use your digis for projects and to post them on your blog.  I truly enjoyed the experience.  If you are looking for some great digi stamps, I'm sure that Melissa will have something in her store that will meet your needs.

Until another day, God Bless You!  Donna

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday! Hope you are having a wonderful day!
    Wonderful card and memories to share!
    Love the bug and sentiment! I agree, it is only a number!
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and visits. I hope you will come back soon.

Peggy T.

Cricut Top 40