Saturday, June 28, 2014

Paper A La Mode Challenge - Tropical

Hi Everyone, it's time for The Outlawz Paper A La Mode Challenge.  Our theme this week is Tropical and our sponsor is Sassy Designs.  My first attempt at this tropical theme ended in putting the card away for a while, maybe forever.  I showed it to Donna and she said, "Wellll, it's not ugly, it's just doesn't look like you, Mom."  You know after that I wasn't about to present it for Design Team work.  

So I set about trying to find a tropical image.  A lot of them had a lot more coloring than I had time for.  Plus the pain in my hand from the shingles, it's hard to work some times.  I found inspiration from a card I saw on the internet by Scrappy Chick.  Here is my version.


Card Supplies:
5X6.5 card base
Background Papers - Reflections Designer paper, cardstock, & Digital Paper by Far, Far Hill
Image - Coconut tree by Sweet n' Sassy
Sun - Cut file from the Silhouette Online Store
Ribbon 
Sentiment is Computer Generated
Promarkers used to color image:
Leaves - Forest Green, Leaf Green, Lime Green
Coconuts - Walnut, Terracotta
Tree Trunk - Tan, Cocoa

I hope you will venture over to The Outlaws and join in our challenge.  And please leave a comment to let us know you are visiting.  We love to read them  God bless you!!!!  Peggy

2 comments:

  1. I like the colors in this card. It is so bright and cheery.

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a brilliant choice of DP to make the water for this sunny scene! Fun bow detail too! I think this card looks great and love the summery feel of it!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and visits. I hope you will come back soon.

Peggy T.

Cricut Top 40