Friday, October 17, 2014

For Our Little Fireman

I have a great nephew, Jacob (are you supposed to call them great nephews or grand nephews) who loves playing policeman and fireman.  My brother, who is his Papa, bought him a police uniform and Jacob wore it until it was too small.  Then he bought him a fireman's uniform.  I think Jacob still tries to get in the  police uniform.  Anyway, when I saw this little digi I knew it would be the perfect card for him.  I'm going to show you the card then tell you about the different pieces I used to make it.

The background is a scrap piece of paper I used under some leaves I was inking.  I looked at it in a whole new light with the little fireman on.  I think it looks like fire.
The digi is a Sherry Baldi image.  He's called the Fireman.  I colored him with Promarkers.  If you would like to know which colors, leave me a message and I will let you know.
The little dog I found in Cricut Design Space.  He's from the Create A Critter cartridge.  You can cut his individual layers but I flattened him, then print and cut him.  I love that feature of the Explore.  I can't seem to find time to play with it as much as I would like.

The Award is also found in Cricut Design Space from the Plantin Cartridge.  I opened it and created text on it, attached the text to the award, then the Explore wrote the message and cut the award.  I was quite pleased I figured out how to do that.  Love that part of it too.  This is the inside of the card.
I'm going to mail Jacob his card tomorrow.  I can't wait to hear what he has to say about it.

Thank you for stopping by today.  Please come back tomorrow for our Paper A La Mode Challenge at The Outlaws.  I'll be looking for you.  God Bless You!!!!  Peggy

1 comment:

  1. Hi Peggy,

    Your card is so great.
    Nicely done that background. It looks like real fire.
    Beautiful stamps too.
    You did a great job.

    Hugs from ex. DT-member
    Carla

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and visits. I hope you will come back soon.

Peggy T.

Cricut Top 40