Thursday, May 5, 2016

I Stepped Outside My Comfort Zone.....

Well, I can say I stepped out of my comfort zone on this card.  So far out, I've considered not posting it.  But then, we got to try different things, don't we?

I won the image on this card from Mynn Kitchen from MHKDesigns because my card was chosen winner at the Tuesday Throwdown  Challenge.  Mynn was the sponsor so I won two of her images as my prize.  This one is called Mums The Word Set.  Her images look antique so I wanted to carry that theme forward in my card so I distressed the edges of the paper the image is on and also the background.  To make the background look old, I also crumpled it up.  You can't know how hard that was for me.  Let me know what you think.
It's almost time for Donna to pick up her little dog, Buttons.  I know what she's going to say about the card.  She'll say, "No, Mom, it's not ugly, it's just not you."  If she doesn't say that I'll have to get back on here and correct myself.  LOL

Thank you for stopping by today. 


God Bless You!!! Peggy

Challenges for this card:
Crafting With An Attitude M,1st Thurs,3E Always Anything Goes
Jade's Sparkling Butterflies 2W, E1, C5 Anything Goes/ Add A Sentiment (W2 of 2)
Crafting By Designs - W,F, 3E  May Anything Goes

4 comments:


  1. Wow !!! just beautiful..Thanks for joining us at Crafting with an attitude.

    Thanks.

    Rgds,
    Shamita
    (spiralcreativity.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is beautiful and love the colors. I congratulate you for stepping outside your comfort zone. I too, hate to do certain things but now and then try them anyway. I think I am not comfortable with distressing either. But it does give a very artistic look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also think your card is beautiful. You did a good job!!!!

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was definitely worth stepping outside your comfort zone- this is stunning and I love the distress look. I am very much a neat line person when I make my cards- this has inspired me to try something different too. Thanks for joining us at Jade's Sparkling Butterflies. Cathy DT x

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments and visits. I hope you will come back soon.

Peggy T.

Cricut Top 40